Sunday, May 29, 2011

GLORIOUS FOOD

I've told Big Bore I'm sticking to the No Diet for one more month and then I'm going off the wagon to celebrate my birthday and the fact that I can now zip up the "skinny jeans" without lying down, sucking in, or losing my breath. Six months without anything truly yummy and decadent is long enough. There are three delicious food items that I plan to have...but maybe not all on the same day, lest I go into a calorie coma, and here they are:

#1: Chicken Mediterranean Pizza from the Wichita Pizza Company. This place has the BEST pizza EVER! Besides being loaded with chicken, it also has plenty of mushrooms, artichokes, and black olives, and the crust is perfection. Magnifico!

#2: Walnut Blondie from Applebee's. A chewy, gooey light brownie, scoop of vanilla ice cream, topped off with a hot walnut sauce, served on a warm plate. No meal. Just dessert, a cup of coffee, and taste bud heaven. The picture above doesn't do it justice.

#3: Cheez-Its-regular. Mixed in with a big glob of cottage cheese. I can probably go through a pound box in two or three sittings. Cheezies are pretty much my all-time favorite crunchy snack, and I miss them like crazy. Come July, I'm busting open a box and diving in.

Until then, it's the No Diet or no reward.

No comments: