Thursday, May 19, 2011

FIX IT

Well, The Flaming Bore's Saturn is in the hospital today, and the prognosis is going to shut down our plans to hit up Glacier National Park this fall. I didn't understand all the technical jargon, but I did figure out that it's going to cost about $1,100.00 to fix the automatic gear shifting computer system, yada, yada, yada. The new computer wasn't even in stock, so we had to leave the car in Wichita and take a rental back home. It's a roomy Toyota Camry with all the bells and whistles that impress people like Big Bore but are pooh-poohed by the auto-phobic like me. I refuse to drive it. I'm afraid I'll mistake "drive" for "reverse" and slam it into the nearest concrete wall. If I need to go anywhere between now and tomorrow afternoon, I will walk or ride my bicycle.

I try to take surprises like this in stride. There are so many more worse problems one could have than a car with a bum shifting system. Grin and bear it, pay the blasted bill, and keep on truckin'--as we used to say in the old days. This, too, shall pass until the next repair bill comes along.

1 comment:

dr. maureen said...

:( :( :(
mucho sympathy