Tuesday, March 25, 2008

THE GUESS WHAT GROSS-OUT


When I was in Pittsburg last week, I visited with my nephew and his family. His 4-year-old-daughter Maddie is a yippety-yapper, never at a loss for words. A condensed version of our latest conversation went like this:

"Guess what, Aunt Nancy."

"What, Maddie."

"I stepped on a piece of glass and it hurt my foot."

"Ouch! Did you cry?"

"Yes. Hey, guess what, Aunt Nancy. Have you ever stepped on a piece of glass?"

"I don't think so, but I've had a splinter in my foot. Have you?"

"No, I've just had a splinter in my finger. Guess what, Aunt Nancy. I fell on my head and got a big bump. Have you ever bumped your head?"

"Yes, and I saw stars."

"What color were they?"

"Blue and white."

"Guess what, Aunt Nancy. I had a nose bleed and there was snot and boogers in it."

"Yuck!!"

"Have you ever had a nose bleed, Aunt Nancy?"

"Yeah, but not with snot and boogers in it!"

"Guess what, Aunt Nancy. I throwed up in my mama's bed. Have you ever throwed up?"

"Yes, but not in my mom's bed."

"Well, I was supposed to throw up in a sack." Guess what, Aunt Nancy. Have you ever throwed up in the toilet stool? I did."

"Yeah, and I threw up in the bathtub, too."

"You did? Well, guess what, Aunt Nancy, I throwed up on my pants. Have you ever throwed up your pants?"

"Nope, I don't think so."

"Guess what, Aunt Nancy. Have you ever thrown up on a painting?"

"NO!!! Have YOU thrown up on a painting?"

"No."

---Well, you get the drift. I got to thinking later that maybe Maddie has a great idea. I've seen some artwork before that was so hideously ugly that throwing up on it would have been a big improvement!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I threw up on a poster once at the end of my bed. I was a little projectile vomiter. Yuck.

She sounds cute.

Anonymous said...

Evelyn, my grandaughter, is three. She chatters non stop. She halts her mother and informs her, "I was speaking to my grandmother!" Your post shows me what I am in for. Can't wait! I may start calling you Aunt Nancy myself. Husband home late tonight. Won't know anything for a week but it went well. All the interviewers loved the resume.

Nancy Evans said...

Sarah, I hope your projectile days are over. I'm sure Taylor will soon be having her own little gross-out stories!

Diva---I can tell by Evelyn's pictures that she is a little pistol. She has that ornery/sweet gleam in her eyes! --Glad the interviewing went well for Ron. Am sure glad he didn't bother dishing out the big bucks to have his resume re-written by the "pro." N