Monday, March 31, 2008

ROCK CHALKIN' MY WORLD


My KU boys in blue eked out a win against Davidson yesterday, so it's on to the Final Four this coming weekend! I had to take extra seizure medication for my flippy ear muscle, which went into a clicking frenzy during the game because I was so excited. My partner in sports mania, Dr. Maureen, said she was ready to prescribe herself Valium at halftime, so I'm not alone with this sports-induced stress. Good thing we aren't coaches. We'd never make it past the tip-off.


While I'm on the subject of the Rock Chalk gang, I went rock hunting Saturday. (Great transition, huh?) I'm lining a backyard drainage ditch with sandstone. It's about 3/4 done and is looking good. I am goofy about rocks--smooth ones, layered ones, fossily ones, striped ones, colorful ones, I love 'em all. When Big Bore moved in a few years ago, he brought along some rocks he'd collected over the years. He's not quite as rock nutty as I am, but it's good to know that he won't laugh at me when I get all thrilled and say, "Look at this cool rock I found!!"

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Go UNC. Sorry just had to say that!! Saturday will be a good game and lots of bragging rights!! GO HEELS beat those chicken hawks!

Nancy Evans said...

Tara---Don't you know that Canadians have no say-so or cheering rights since this is a NATIONAL championship? Tee-hee!!

Anonymous said...

We were at the gym when the whole place stopped to watch the last sixteen seconds of that Davidson game. Even the people with machines on human powered video just watched the big screen. Ron had his KU shirt on, of course. He gets razzed about it whenever he wears it and it isn't basketball season! I think the Hawks are lucky that Memphis beat Texas out.

Unknown said...

No cheering rights oh no!! I have been disbarred of my cheering rights!! Good thing I am not Canadian, just married one. Whew, that was a close call. Guess that means I get to cheer louder eh?

Nancy Evans said...

Tara---Marrying a Canadian results in loss of cheering rights. It's in the Constitution somewhere. You must have some tar on your face! N.