Saturday, March 15, 2008

TIME OUT



It's Big 12 championship weekend, and poor Big Bore is a basketball widower. I'm more into sports than he is; he wanted to watch the History Channel last night, while I preferred the KU-Nebraska game. Now, normally I'd be right there with him watching the historical programming, and I have to admit that the subject matter last night was intriguing--toilets, bathing, sewage, etc. So, every time there was a time-out in the game, we'd switch channels and watch "Bathroom Technology."

I never would have survived the days of no hot water and one bath a year, when the annual bathers had some scrub buddy scraping off their cruddy grime with a knife. Heck, I probably take at least 500 steamy, bubbly soakers a year. But, I digress. Back to the game, which KU won, although I had to get riled a few times before they got into gear. The good news for today is that Big Bore works second shift, so I can watch as much basketball as my heart desires. In fact, I might even watch a game and take a bath at the same time. Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The KU/Texas was pretty good!! We missed the Nebraska game but this Sunday one made up for it.

Nancy Evans said...

Oh, I practically had to call 911 during the KU-Texas game. I will do a blog about it Tuesday.