Sunday, June 7, 2009

AT EASE


Aunt Nancy’s Boot Camp has begun. Yesterday morning I took Bo to Elk City State Park, in spite of his protesting: “Do we have to go hiking?” We had a good time--as long as he took rest stops along the way. I have to whip him into shape for his church camp trip to New Mexico later this month. The hiking there will be at a much higher altitude--bummer. Today we're off to Fall River State Park and tomorrow it's Cross Timbers near Toronto. I'm ready to lace up and go, but we can't leave until Bo finishes watching Saw IV, some horror flick that sounds to be gore-iffic. I'm not watching and have been out watering and weeding. Big Bore and Bo have both proclaimed, "You have too much energy!!" and want me to back off, but at 1300 hours boot camp is back is session!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Kid! I just put Mom through her paces in Reno (4,500 ft. el.) and on Mt. Diablo (3,000 ft. el.) and lastly in the Marin Headlands (40 ft. el.) Think she was more than happy to get back to good old Fredonia. She actually gained a lot of strength, a better hemoglobin, is breathing better and eating more protein. All in all, it was a good trip. do you beat a little drum (a la Mosby) as Bo hikes?? I thought not!