Wednesday, June 10, 2009

RATED "R"

Since Aunt Nancy's Boot Camp offered R & R yesterday, I decided to treat my great nephew Bo to a movie in a neighboring city. We had our choice of six flicks: Star Trek (PG-13), Terminator Salvation (PG-13), Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (PG), Up (PG), and The Hangover (R). I'll give you one guess what Bo's selection was. The Hangover, of course, because the R stands for Raunchy. He's 16-years-old. Was there ever any doubt?


Actually, it sort of had an interesting plot and it wasn't as gross as I figured it'd be, until the very end when still pictures were shown of why these four guys at a bachelor party ended up with hangovers in the first place. I didn't fall asleep, so that's the sign of a stellar production!


I have a tradition of taking my nephews, great and otherwise, to movies that their mothers would possibly frown upon. When my neph Brandon was 13 (he's 38 now), I took him to see Zapped!, which I thought would be fairly tame since it starred two TV heart throbs of the 1980s, Scott Baio (Chachi on Happy Days) and Willie Aames (Eight is Enough). Turned out that the zapping was a magical power one of the boys had to pop open girls' blouses and bras. Brandon salivated throughout the show, bug-eyed, while I prepared an apology speech to Big Sis. I was afraid the only thing that was going to be zapped when I got him home was my sorry ass!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OH I can't wait to see hangover. It sounds so funny.
You are a good auntie. ;)

Dusti said...

Agree with Sarah, you are a good Aunt. It's no wonder your nephew is so eager to come visit - you're a cool lady to hang out with! :-)