Monday, June 8, 2009

LABOR DAY


Today, Aunt Nancy's Boot Camp took us to Cross Timbers State Park, formerly Toronto Lake State Park, where Big Bore, Bo, and I helped clear up two of the trails with some of the real workers. Ever since the state closed the Honor Camp there, cheap labor is no longer available, so The Flaming Bore signed us up for a morning of volunteerism. Escapees from the Onery Camp.

Bo was the stud who moved logs, BB cut low tree branches, and I was Gasoline Girl and sweeper. We worked a little over three hours and did a wonderful job, if I do say so myself. When we got home, we did tick check and cleaned up--then Bo went rampant on Facebook and I fell asleep. He's out fishing tonight with a neighbor kid. Another tick exam may be in order.

Tomorrow may be an off day for Boot Camp. Bo's ankles are bruised from his new hiking boots, and I'm starting to feel guilty. Rest and recuperation may be in order. Maybe. Perhaps. We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are taking pity on the poor adolescent. He needs more sleep than you do!! You are doing such a good thing to help him be fit and understand the importance of exercise, no matter what our age. I still think a little drum and mallet would suit you. Love You because you are such fun to Tease!!

Sarah said...

All that hiking sounds like so much fun. I love it. Yesterday the weather was perfect for it too.

Enjoy and relax some too. ;)