Tuesday, June 23, 2009

SWEAT EQUITY


The past two mornings, Big Bore and I have put our sweat glands into overdrive. Yesterday we re-painted the tree markers at Woodson Cove Trail at Cross Timbers State Park, part of our Adopt-a-Trail volunteer project, and today we did yard work at Mama Bore's home in Fredonia. Just because she no longer lives there doesn't mean the gardens have to look a wreck. By noon both days, we were worn out by the heat and ready to retreat to the comfort of A/C at Casa de la Flaming Bore. ---I have this theory that sweating is good for the body, provided it's not overdone and water is consumed at frequent intervals. Big Bore is not quite as gung-ho about the soaring temps. He's had heat stroke before. No fun. The only after effects of my two mornings of labor are achy arms, a little patch of poison ivy itch on an ankle, and blue fingernails from the paint job. For a while I looked like a Smurf, but most of the blue scrubbed away in the tub, fortunately. ---I just sent BB to the grocery store to purchase the best part about hot summer days: a gallon of raspberry sherbet and a bottle of ginger ale. Add it all to ice in the blender and I'll be slurping on a Smoothie in no time. No sweat!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am not digging this heat!! The only time I like it this hot, is when I am floating in the lake or in a pool with a cold drink. ;)