Wednesday, July 15, 2009

BABYSITTING

This week I've been taking care of the Garden Club downtown garden again. The area is long and narrow, where a burned-out building once stood, and it is just stuffed with all sorts of flowers--many of which I don't have in my own yard and, even if I did, they wouldn't look nearly as grand.

About all we have to do at this point is weed, dead head, and water. I consider myself to be rather obsessive/compulsive when it comes to the first two tasks. My own yard gets hit up at least twice daily by my picking radar, and I've lost track of the number of times I've been tempted to trespass onto someone else's turf in order to rid it of an ugly intruder or deadbeat flower that is past its prime.

Saturday will be my final day of the week to babysit with the beauties for the Garden Club. Until then, you'll see me clipping and pinching and giving the foliage a tender caress after I spruce it up, saying, "You girls look mah-velous!!"



4 comments:

dr. maureen said...

i'm lucky if i get to weed/deadhead a small portion of our yard once a week! just lame, i guess. why don't you come visit and be my gardener??? hmm??

Nancy Evans said...

I would love to be your long-distance gardener, of I could only tolerate the daily bus ride!!

Lacey Kohl Photography said...

thanks for checking out the blog!! i try to update it a couple of times a week. you should follow it and watch all the pics being loaded. thanks for the comment.
love your pics!! so summer!

Sarah said...

You sound like a good babysitter! And the pics show some PRETTY babies.