Sunday, July 12, 2009

THE PERFECT MAN



While chomping on mountain oyster sandwiches at the Nut Hut yesterday, my gal pal Blondie (formerly Red) and I had a conference about men. She would like one. But, sadly, not just any ol' guy will do. She's a cutie pie, independent, and active, and she is not willing to settle for thugs or deadbeats. What's wrong with her??? Her ideal mate is between 50-60, physically fit, handsome, a good dancer (especially to country music), keen on motorcycles and vintage cars, industrious, and without a lot of excess baggage liked spoiled brat kids or dependent ex-wives. Alas, her perfect man is missing in action.

"Have you tried any of those online dating services?" I asked. "I know several couples who met that way and ended up getting married."

"I've already checked out the one on Yahoo," she lamented. "They all looked like ax murderers! That's all I need. Woman chopped into little bitty pieces while on Internet date."

"Check out match.com. Maybe the choices there are better. But be prepared. I think most of the guys in our age group are probably looking for women in their 30's."

"I know," Blondie sighed, "but men who are 60 are too old for me. I don't really want to be with a guy who's 60."

"Me either! You can't blame 'em. Who wants to be with anyone our age?!"

Well, I'm still hell-bent on finding a mighty fine date for her before summer is over, so I've started checking out the Internet dating services and I've given her a few nibbles to consider. If you know of anyone who fills the bill and would like to meet a gal who can drive a tractor AND a Harley, let me know. As the old saying goes, "A good man is hard to find," but I'm up to the challenge. I gave up my own such search decades ago, but maybe I'll have better luck shopping around for someone else.






2 comments:

Sarah said...

is there even such a thing as the perfect man??? ;) you would hunt till the cows came home.

Anonymous said...

And exactly why would she need this perfect man, who does not exist, by the way. Watch Jillian hunt for "perfect" every week and laugh, or cry. If she spent all this effort pursuing her own interests, she might turn over a rock sometime and find a spider crawl out in the process. Meanwhile, live life to the fullest on her own ajenda. I like JH's joke that any fox can have the body of a 21 year old if she only buys him enough drinks.