Friday, July 17, 2009

BOOK PARTY


Tim Raglin, a children’s book author and illustrator from Independence, visited our local library Wednesday. I bought one of his books (see above) for Maddie and Boomer. I’m going to give it to them when their baby brother arrives in a few weeks, and I can’t wait to read it aloud to them because it is so funny. “I’m sick and tired of lamb burgers and sloppy does and three-pig salad for dinner!“ says Little Wolf. "I want BOY!!!!”

I’m also going to attempt to bake another angel food cake, hopefully one without air bubble canyons, and I’ll let the kids decorate it. Boomer can dip his sweet little fingers into as must frosting as he desires. I figure everyone will be fussing over the new baby, so we’ll have our own birthday party for him while he’s asleep and have a howling good time

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute. That sounds like a great idea. Often times the older siblings feel left out during such a huge event. Glad to see you are making sure they feel special too!

Have a great weekend.