Saturday, July 4, 2009

"....BOMBS BURSTING IN AIR...."



You know you're getting really old when "The Twilight Zone" marathon on Sci-Fi Channel takes priority over going out to see the fireworks display on the 4th of July.

Earlier in the day Big Bore and I had talked about watching the grand show from the hill west of town, but we first had to view his favorite "Zone" episode at 9:30 PM, which was fine by me. By the time it was over, 30 minutes later, we'd lost our energy and nerve to leave the safety of our house and venture into the blasted unknown.

"Well, there goes another ten dollars up in smoke," BB remarked after an explosion shook the living room.

I am glad Independence Day is here because maybe after tonight I will feel free to go outdoors and not have my ears bombarded. In the meantime, we are hiding in our foxhole, awaiting the cease fire, sipping on a relaxing a cup tea. Zoned out.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I am sorry you have problems with your ears...the fireworks are so much fun.

You need some super duper ear plugs. ;)

Anonymous said...

I used to like to watch the embers hit your old garage roof and sray them down with the hose. After you've had that close up, setting in the stands pales. I didn't hear one boom here, nor one fire siren, thank goodness.