Thursday, July 16, 2009

BEFORE....

....AND AFTER

Three years ago this month, I retired and Big Bore, in need of surgery and a caring friend, moved in to Casa de la Flaming Bore. Three months earlier, I'd started digging around in the backyard, in my quest to eradicate evil Bermuda grass from my life, and picture #1 shows you how far I’d gotten at the time BB arrived. Luckily, once he recuperated from his hospital gig, he was as keen about digging and planting as I was. When I look at how the yard has evolved, I am simply amazed--that my back didn't flip out. And, except for the fence, we did it all ourselves. I have lived on this small patch of earth for 27 years and am ashamed that it took so long for me to turn it into a piece of art. My ex was never inclined to do any work on the yard other than mowing, and I was always tethered to my jobs and clueless about how to get started. Thank-you, Big Bore, for encouraging my vision and sharing the load--with patience and very little whining. I couldn’t have done it without you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for BB. He saved the day! It looks great, a nice retreat only steps away.

dr. maureen said...

how sweet! and what a good use of natural resources