Friday, July 3, 2009

I'M SIXTY!!!


I've never had any doubt that I would live to see 60; I just didn't expect it to arrive as quickly as it did. Big Bore and I had reservations to celebrate tonight at Cabaret Oldtown in Wichita. It's a musical/comedy venue, and the current show is "One-Hit Wonders." We got a phone call a few days back, though, that the show had been cancelled, so that shot my plans to spend #60 by singing and laughing. BB said he'd be glad to serenade and tickle me, instead, but I passed on his generous offer.

The day was still a pleasant one. Besides receiving many nice birthday greetings, I donated some books to the library, tutored a college kid, yapped with some friends at the post office and bank, piddled in the yard, rode my bike, and jogged three miles. When I got home, BB had prepared one of my favorites suppers: vegetable soup and a grilled cheese sandwich. Yum-meee!

Turning 60 wasn't nearly as depressing as I thought it might be. In fact, it wasn't depressing at all. Full speed ahead!


No comments: