Tuesday, July 19, 2011

MY BURFDAY BUDDY

My nephew Brandon was born one day before I turned 22, so I consider him my "almost twin." We've had double celebrations in July--and this year's was better late than never. It's funny that he is aging faster than I am. When he was 11, I was three times as old as he at 33. When he was 22, I was 44--suddenly only twice as old. And when he's 44, I'll only be 66--much less than twice his age. I figure by the time he's 55, I'm going to YOUNGER than he is!!

By the way, I'm not sure if that "B" on his shirt stands for his name or that fact that he's always been a Big Boy who lifts Barbells and could squish me like a Bug. Beware. My lovely patriotic vest was a gift many years ago from Big Sis. I get it out of the closet once a year to look festive for my birthday party. Great niece Maddie says it is so heavy--"It must have 999 sequins on it!" At least. Sequins, like one's age, is just a number, though. Who's counting? Right?

No comments: