Monday, July 18, 2011

PLAYING HOUSE

Big Sis bought her younger grandkids a cardboard playhouse recently. It's one of those put-it-together, color it, and hope it lasts a day or two in the living room-kind of playhouses, and it's a big hit. Yesterday we played The Three Little Pigs and The Big Bad Wolf, with yours truly being the BBW. It didn't take William long to figure out that I wasn't allowed inside.

We also had a belated birthday cake for my nephew Brandon and me. Big Bore whipped up one of his special red, white, and blue angel food cakes; the kids decorated it with sprinkles and 19 candles. Between the two of us, Brandon and I are 102, but I insisted on blue candles only and 19 blues were all we had, so 19 it was. We had PLENTY of help blowing them out, over and over again, slobbers and all, but it still tasted mighty fine.

William will be 2-years-old next month. He's quite ready for his OWN cake, but I don't think the cardboard playhouse will still be standing by then--even without the help of his windy great aunt/wolf.

No comments: