Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A PICTURE WORTH A THOUSAND...LAUGHS

Whenever I feel like a good chuckle, I sometimes drag out old pictures and not always my own. Big Bore has two that always crack me up, and here is one of them. I call this his mini Jack Nicholson "Wendy, I'm home!" shot from that creepshow The Shining. He's probably around 8 years old, but he has a grasp around that ax that could only be called Professional Lumberjack. I'm also quite fond of his cuffed jeans...good for another few years at least.

This pic is especially significant because, many decades later, Big Bore still enjoys chopping wood, a skill which comes in handy during camping trips when I'm cold and hungry. Whenever we're gathering around the firepit, he's the go-to guy. I'm only good for picking up kindling...and for reminding him about this goofy Little Mr. Camper picture. I hope this blog doesn't hack him off too much.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

ah, a future Eagle Scout!

momrdr said...

His brother loves to chop wood too. Always a good thing around here....