Friday, July 1, 2011

FREEDOM!!!!

Today is my big break from the "No Diet" after six months of self-imposed deprivation from desserts and pizza. Hooray!!! First stop will be around 1 PM at the Applebee's in Andover for a chewy, gooey Blondie (763 calories) and a cup of coffee (black). Guess who is skipping breakfast?

This sugar high will lead into about five hours of retail therapy. Then it's time for Chicken Mediterranean Pizza at the Wichita Pizza Co. (thanks, Maggie, for the 2-for-1 coupon). Lord knows how many calories are in a single slice. I'm guessing 300.

From there we go to Cabaret Oldtown for the musical comedy "Putnam County Spelling Bee," which should be a laugh fest--provided I haven't gone into Sugar-Carbo Overload by then and fallen asleep.

Tomorrow I shall repent with a box of Cheez-Its, after which I shall return to the "No Diet" for the rest of the month so Mel Gibson won't have to chop off my big mouth.

2 comments:

Of Food and Friends said...

The Applebee's Blondie is my favorite too! I'm working on a 'copy-cat' recipe. Will you want a copy?

Nancy Evans said...

YOU BET! HEY, I'VE BEEN TRYING TO RESPOND TO YOUR BLOG AND I KEEP GETTING INTO GLITCHES. CLINT SAID HE'D LOOK INTO THE MATTER ON YOUR END WHEN HE'S THERE THIS WEEKEND. I'M ABLE TO COMMENT ON OTHER BLOGS...JUST NOT YOURS :( YOUR BLOGS HAVE BEEN FUN TO READ....AND I DON'T EVEN COOK! BY THE WAY, THE BLONDIE WAS SUPERB BUT I SORT OF HAVE A FOOD HANGOVER THIS MORNING.