Saturday, July 9, 2011

WOULD YOU LIKE FRIES WITH THAT?



Those wacky folks at the Alameda County Fair in California recently decided to create the Mother of all State Fair Food and cooked up this 777-pound hamburger. I think it looks about as appetizing as fresh road kill, but one must admit it's a masterpiece...of something. The burger includes 20# of onions, 12# of pickles, 30# of lettuce, and a 110# bun. It took 15 hours to cook. I'm not sure if, or how, it was flipped on the grill. Maybe with a forklift. Some dietary guru figured out it contained 1,375,000 calories. That's probably enough to feed mankind into the next millennium, or at least a single person through the weekend. And before you're like me and think, "What a waste of food," little chunks of it were sold for charity--although I'd just as soon give 'em my money and pass on the taste test. Just looking at it gives me a super-sized case of indigestion. Let's hope this idea doesn't catch on at McDonald's.

No comments: