Monday, February 6, 2012

GROWLING MAD

I am still sooooooo royally ticked off about a commericial I saw during the Super Bowl last night that I have written a letter to the advertising department of Frito-Lay asking for an explanation about what is so hilariously sales worthy about their "Man's Best Friend" commercial.

In this digusting ad, the camera zooms in on a posted Missing Cat notice. It's then made apparent that a Great Dane has just killed and buried the cat in question. I was appalled.

"I can't believe Doritos thinks that funny!" I said to Big Bore. "How does killing a cat sell chips?"

And what's pissed me off even more is that this same commericial has received acclaim from viewers and won the creator a million dollars. For what?

A number of years ago I was awakened in the middle of the night by a blood-curdling cat cry. My 13-year-old Mama Kitty was in some sort of peril right outside my bedroom window. I grabbed a broom, dashed outside in my pajamas, and there was Mama Kitty in the clutches of a stray Great Dane. A second Great Dane charged at me, keeping me from getting closer to trying to rescue my cat. They both ran off, Mama Kitty still in their clutches, crying out for help. It was absolutely the worst experience in my life. I got into my car and took chase and soon found my cat in a yard a few blocks away, dead. I just cried and cried. Hell, I have tears in my eyes right now just writing about it. I can never forget how she suffered.

Now to see this sickening commercial plugging Doritos--my stomach just turned. --So, I decided right on the spot to swear off all Frito-Lay products and am asking all my cat-loving friends to join me in my boycott. Oh, and I've also mailed a letter to the ad department at Frito-Lay asking for an explanation as to how a dog killing a cat is good for selling Doritos. I don't get it.

The next time I get a case of the munchies, I won't be taking a bite out of a Frito-Lay chip, that's for sure.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

i'm crying too to hear that. the commercial pissed me off too. you need to send your letter to the Wichita newspaper, i hope you told frito lay your story

avenger said...

I too am ANGRY! Doritos are junk food crap! BOYCOTT! Would ground up glass in the dogs food make people laugh too?