Sunday, February 26, 2012

A SUPER SATURDAY

Yesterday was a great day! Not only did my beloved Jayhawks win a come-from-way-behind (19 pts.), overtime game from those evil basketball players from evil Missouri, but Sweet Neighbor Girl came over to Casa de la Flaming Bore with a big announcement:

"Guess who's going to be coming to my house soon!"

At first I guessed that her former playmate who'd moved to another town would be visiting her, but, no, this news was even better. I could tell by her growing excitement exactly what it was.

"Let me guess again," I said. "Does it have four legs?"

"YES!"

"Does it have a tail?"

"YES!"

"Does it have whiskers?"

"YES!"

Big Bore piped in, "Does it meow?"

"YES, YES, YES!! I'm getting a new kitten!!"

Oh, happy day times two! The addition to her family won't be ready to leave its cat mom for another month or so, but we're already thinking about names, planning a kitten shower, and hoping this baby will have a better fate than the late, great Leo--who only lasted a month in the neighborhood last year. :(

So, here's to sunny days, more victories for the Jayhawks, and lots of kitty cuddles!! March Madness is about to begin around here, in more ways than one.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

think she would name her kitty TRob?

Nancy Evans said...

That crossed my mind, but she wouldn't appreciate the significancel. Of course, I once had a cat named Tom when I was a kid :)