Saturday, February 4, 2012

TOWN CRIER

Saturday news:

Ding-dong! The book is read. The WICKED book. The WICKED book. Ding-dong! The WICKED book is read!

Yes, folks, after 16 grueling days, I have finally finished reading WICKED! Oh, joy of joys! And not a day too soon. My skin was starting to turn green from all the effort.

Continuing with amazing current events...yesterday Big Bore and I were watching "Jeopardy" and he gave the correct answer to the final question before it was even posed. As host Alex Trebek led the program into a commercial, he revealed the category: National Parks.

"Let's guess it now before we even have the clue," I suggested. "I'm going with Acadia National Park."

"Where's that?" Big Bore asked.

"Maine."

"Well, I'm then I'm going down to Florida with the Everglades," he said.

And guess what? The question was something like: "This southern national park is the only one located solely within one state." The Everglades, of course!

"Geez!" I said. "You're a certified psychic genius! I'm no longer worthy of even watching this show with you!"

But will he have the courage to sit down in front of the TV with me tonight to watch the KU-Mizzou basketball game? The 'Hawks are the underdog for a change and it's being played in Misery, or whatever the heck that evil state is named. I'm going to need to muster all the obnoxious mojo I can. If only Dr. Maureen could be here with me for some mouth-to-mouth--and I don't mean resuscitation. I'm talking about joining me in yelling F-bombs, from her mouth to my mouth to the television! When I get rolling, BB leaves the room and is no fun at all.

And to start off my game day fever, here's a genius graphic:

May the best bird win!!






2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

we would certainly be unbearable if we were in the same room to watch the game. scott often leaves and goes upstairs to watch it because i am so vocal. drives him crazy that i know all the players by name, who their parents are, what their hobbies are, what Bill ate for breakfast etc. it probably is in the psych book of diagnoses----Jayhawkmania or Phogicitis or Kansasopathy......

Nancy Evans said...

Love your diagnoses! Yeah, Jeff is sort of like Scott. He just goes to bed if I'm too out of control. What poopy-heads!