Tuesday, March 20, 2012

MAKE CUPCAKES, NOT WAR

Tuesday is sort of an "off night" for us with the television listings, so Big Bore gladly allowed me to be Queen of the Remote at 7 PM. I chose "Cupcake Wars" on the Food Channel.

"Why that show? I've never seen you eat a cupcake let alone bake one," he immediately started ragging me before it even started.

"True. But I like to look at them and see what weird concoctions the contestants come up with. Plus it's always a challenge to try to figure out what this one judge is saying. I think he's French or maybe just an alien from another planet. I don't know, but I dare you to understand a word of what comes out of his mouth."

So we watched "Cupcake Wars," which tonight was celebrating the Pro Bull Riders of America. The bakers had to make cupcakes out of jalapenos, pork and beans, corn, bacon, and other western delights. It was enough to give me a rodeo-sized case of indigestion, but the show held our attention for an hour, and, as I predicted, Big Bore was clueless about what the one judge, Florian somebody, had to say. "Zees coopcake eez ?????????????" Whatever.

BB was intrigued with the cooking, though, and loved when a big hot bowl of cherry goop crashed to the floor. He also came up with suggestions to decorate the cupcakes to fit the bull riding theme and ways to display them. Something to do with cactus and the cupcakes being shot out of a horse's behind.

I have a feeling "Cupcake Wars" has recruited a new soldier. Oui?

No comments: