Thursday, March 22, 2012

NEW KID IN TOWN

Introducing the latest addition to the neighborhood cat population: Napoleon! Sweet Neighbor Girl brought this cutie over to the house yesterday so we could get acquainted. Fluffy and Critter are not too keen on him, but maybe they will become friends in time--probably not.

We were playing with the kitty on the sofa and then he boldly jumped off and went on his merry way to explore the joint. And what did I see left where it had been sitting? Ooops. Was that kitty poop? The loose kind? Oh, no!

"Look what Napoleon just did!" I laughed and pointed to the poop.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Nancy," SNG said, embarrassed.

"That's okay. That's why I cover the sofa with big towels." I'm always slopping food around and Fluffy has periodic hairball upchucks. "I'll get it cleaned up. No big deal."

I got a paper towel and proceeded to pick up the deposit when my eyes did a double take. "Why, this isn't cat poop! It's some of Jeff's peanut butter cookies!"

Well, we got a big laugh out of that one. My apologies to the kitty. And the cookies now have a new name: Jeff's Peanut Butter Poop Patties. Mmmm...mmmm...good!

Welcome to the Funny Farm, Napoleon.

4 comments:

dr. maureen said...

what a cutie! maybe he needs to change his name to Peanut!

Nancy Evans said...

I think it was named after her previous kitty, the dearly departed Leo, which can be found in NapoLEOn. Peanut is cute, though. :)

Nancy Evans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Oh he is a cutie!!!!!