Monday, March 5, 2012

MONDAY MUTTERINGS

I couldn't get into my blog over the weekend for some reason, but all is up and running today. Now, if my brain can just think of what's been going on since the last entry.

Oh, here's something funny Big Bore said when we were watching the KU basketball game Saturday night: "How long does an inning of basketball last?" And he was serious!

"This isn't baseball we're watching. It's called basketball. Twenty minutes per half." Go Hawks! I'll make a sports fan out of him yet--but he sure does make it difficult for me.

Sweet Neighbor Girl and her little bro Trouble #1 were over at the house shortly after 9 AM yesterday with their walkie-talkies. Fortunately, I was still in bed, so BB sent them on their way. They were back at noon because heaven forbid if I didn't see their latest gadget. While they were here, Trouble #1 had a request: "Will you make me a hot rice sock like you made Sissy?"

"Just use hers," I suggested.

"Every time I ask to use it she tells me, 'Not now' and then I never get it." She denied being selfish, but the guilty grin on her face backed up his story.

I can't resist sad brown eyes. "Of course, I'll make you a rice sock. But I'll have to find a sock that isn't girly." The search is on.

If I'm not too bushed from painting the basement door this afternoon, I'm going to a belated birthday party for Dr. Seuss at the library. A big IF, but maybe I'll be recovered in time. Any brick red paint in my hair will have to remain.

When I was listening to the KU basketball seniors give their farewell speeches at Allen Field House over the weekend, one of them gave a fine quote that I told Big Bore should be our mantra: "It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice."

Those are some mighty fine words to practice.

No comments: