Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A SONG IN MY HEART


Today when I was outside inspecting what had popped up out of the ground overnight, an old song lyric hit me and I have not been able to get it out of my mind:

"Spring is the season when vi-o-lets bloom
Spring is when showers turn into flowers..."

and then I can't recall the rest of the words, except the last line" "And birds love to sing in Spring."

The melody is still with me. I can la-la-la the whole drawn-out song, but the words, not so good.

So I did what any musically-challenged person does and got on the Internet to see if I could find the lyrics to my mystery song. I've been Googling myself into a frenzy and still nothing. All the hits I get are way off base.

If any reader recognizes this ancient tune and can help me out, PLEASE send me the name of the song and the lyrics. I think maybe Alfalfa sang it on a "Little Rascals" episode, so that gives you a clue how old it is.

I don't want to STILL be pondering this problem before winter settles in.

(P.S. Thanks to the neighbors for their tulips and grape hyacinth above, which I can admire from our front porch and pretend that they are mine.)

1 comment:

Teuvo Vehkalahti said...

This blog is through a nice to meet new people and their land, culture and nature. Come and look at you Teuvo Kuvat - Teuvo images, both at the same time will be my blog kokoellmassa flag depicting your country's flag to rise higher. You should also tell all your friends to my blog by fermentation. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland