Saturday, March 17, 2012

PARTY ON

Spring Break started yesterday in our fair town, so Sweet Neighbor Girl and another sweet little gal down the street decided to celebrate with a slumber party. They came over to Casa de la Flaming Bore to announce the big event.

"We're going to give ourselves make-overs and paint our nails and give each other facials and fix our hair and have a fashion show and eat Ramen noodles and Hamburger Helper and stay up ALL night until 1 AM!!" they babbled. Wow! Can't beat that!

As I walked them out the door I saw SNG's mom headed to her night-shift job and said something about how it was too bad she was going to miss the slumber party.

"What party?" she asked. Ooops. Apparently not all the logistics were worked out yet with dad.

Well, later in the evening the doorbell rang. The giggly girls had arrived to show us their facials (above pic).

"Stick some baby carrots in your nostrils and you'll be ready for Halloween," Big Bore told them.

"How long is that supposed to be on your faces?" I asked.

"I don't know," said SNG.

I looked at her tube of facial goo--five minutes, according to the directions. I feigned panic. "You'd better get home and wash that off before it sticks to your skin forever!"

Out the door they dashed.

"Don't party too loudly!" I called out. "I don't want to have to call 9-1-1 in the middle of the night to report a disturbance next door."

I expect SNG will be back over this afternoon to give us the full report on party central. Hopefully she won't bring us any of the leftover Ramen noodles.

No comments: