Saturday, May 23, 2009

BERRY DELICIOUS

Every day this week I’ve moseyed out to the strawberry patch to pick a bowl of good ol' juicy fruit. When Big Bore noticed I was eating them about as fast as they were being removed, he bagged himself a bunch and put them in the freezer for a rainy day.

My favorite birthday treat has always been angel food cake, vanilla ice cream, and strawberries on top. Mix it all together into one big blob of sweetness and yum-meeeee!

My only regret is that the patch doesn’t produce into the summer. As the Book of Ecclesiastes says, though, “To everything there is a season. A time for every purpose until the heaven….A time to plant. A time to pluck that which is planted….” I don’t think the Bible specifies: “A time to eat,” so after I get all my strawberry plucking done for the day, I’m going for the right for the gusto and chowing down. Immediate gratification! In no time flat!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my those look so good. I am awaiting my dad's black berries this summer. They are starting to come around..YUM..smoothies here I come!!