Wednesday, May 13, 2009

RAMBLING WEDNESDAY

The Flaming Bore is off to the big city today to get the car serviced and then engage in a bit of shopping hopping. I prepared my purchase list off and on yesterday, in between morning yard work, afternoon showers, and the latest edition of American Idiot on TV last night. Adam was my pick during the auditions half a lifetime ago, but in recent weeks his high-pitched screaming has turned me off. One should not need ear plugs when encountering an idol.

But back to my spending spree. Home Depot, Lowe’s, PetSmart, Michael’s Arts and Crafts, and Wallace World are on my agenda. (Sorry, Dr. Maureen. Please don’t disown me for trying to chop prices.) The main items I’m looking for will be paint and related supplies for my big kitchen cabinet project. If it ever stops raining, I may get started.

I set out beer traps for the slugs in my strawberry patch yesterday morning, but by evening the rain had washed away the Miller Hi-Lite, so I don’t expect to find any intoxicated blobs floating belly up today. I’m also waging war with grub worms. Every time I see one of those slime balls, I squish the life out of it. “Stay out of my yard and don’t come back!”

There needs to be some trespassing laws to prevent these unwelcome wigglers from entering my hallowed territory.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have fun shopping, and good luck with the buggy war taking place in your yard. I too am fighting the good fight.
Soon I will post my plant pics.