Friday, May 8, 2009

TRUCK IT


We have a new/old object taking up space in the driveway. Big Bore recently bought a 1985 Ford Ranger to use for work, fishing expeditions, and crap runs to the local dumping grounds. The truck has character--meaning it has lots of dents and rust--but it has four tires and the engine turns over, so that’s the main idea.

We’ve decided to give a name to this well-worn set of wheels. The current nominees are Blue Bomb and Bo Mobile. “Bo” is a nickname BB’s old friends gave him years ago. It’s short for “Bodeen,” as in Jethro Bodeen, the super goober grandson on the old “Beverly Hillbillies” TV show. Both have ravenous appetites and have a closet full of overalls from the husky boys department.

Wednesday we took the Blue Bomb/Bo Mobile on a little drive out in the country to inspect one of BB’s fishing holes. It’s been raining a LOT here lately, so the road down to this sweet little spot is flooded. We got out to inspect the area, and I promptly when into a mud slide. Never wear flip-flops when sloshing about wet territory. Fortunately, I caught my balance before taking a dive into the muck. Which was a good thing. God forbid if I’d dirtied up the inside of the truck.

Next time, when BB ventures out in his BM, I'm playing it safe. I’m staying home!

1 comment:

Barb said...

What I wouldn't have given to have seen that!!