Wednesday, November 10, 2010

BRAIN FARTS

My brain awakened at 3:30 this morning, ready to go for the day. I hate when this happens because by the time “Jeopardy” comes on at 4 PM, I’ll be a total slug and will be slow to answer…or I’ll have the wrong answer…or I won’t even have an answer…or I’ll fall asleep mid-answer and miss the rest of the show.

Garden Club puts the downtown garden “to bed” later today. I’m sort of in charge of ringleading the group, which may be like the blind leading the blind--we’ll see. I’ve been making a mental list of what I need to stash in the car trunk since I can’t sleep. Shovel, trash bags, mulch, loppers, scissors, etc. I’ll be armed for battle. Big Bore and I have already finished up with Mom’s yard in Fredonia, but our own yard is still a work in progress getting ready for winter. We’re having a composting party tomorrow. BB is King of the Compost Pile.

I just watch snippets of “Dancing with the Stars,” --it’s against my personal beliefs to watch an entire show--but I am amazed each week that Bristol Palin has yet to be voted off. She’s about as much of a ballroom dancer as I am, although she can shimmy her boobs quite nicely. Week after week, truly better dancers keep getting the boot. Big Sis and I think it’s a Republican conspiracy.

Well, it’s 5:30 AM. Should I try going back to sleep one more time? Nah. A bowl of cereal sounds like a better idea. Followed up by a second bowl of cereal. Happy Hump Day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree w you on the DWTS thing. Why else would she still be there other than for the Republicans to prove a point. Ugh its frustrating. Can't politics stay out of anything enjoyable!! GEESH!!

Have fun today..I was up at 3am too. We could have had a party!!