Monday, November 15, 2010

GOT GAME?

Swish!!! I have joined KU coach Bill Self’s off-court team called, “Coaches Against Cancer 3-Point Attack.” For every three-point basket made by the Jayhawks this season, I have pledged 25 cents. With over 30 games on the schedule, I hope to be able to pledge close to $100.00. This is a fun way to made a donation to a good cause, don’t you think?

KU plays tonight, so I’m getting my game-face ready, as well as the rest of my body…dressed in my red and blue 2008 National Champions gear, of course. Big Bore is ready, too, psyching himself up to tolerate me during the game. He’s actually become somewhat of a fan, himself, although he still can’t remember guard Brady Morningstar’s name and continues to call him “Moonbeam.”

And speaking of KU, I had the coolest dream overnight about my favorite team. I was at the edge of a body of water, like a pond or creek, and I was finding all sorts of Jayhawk memorabilia in the water---pins, stickers, patches, etc., in pristine condition. I was also finding money, too, mostly dimes and quarters. I even found three look-alike K-State Wildcat pins, which I decided to take to give to someone who is a fan of there’s. I am an equal opportunity dreamer, you know.

Before the big game, though, Big Bore and I are headed out to Cross Timbers State Park to hike our favorite trail there, Woodson Cove. To heck with the housework that needs done. Right? Maybe I can get to some of it during halftime tonight.

No comments: