Thursday, November 18, 2010

WRITING ROUND-UP

Eeee-ha! Five weeks and counting! I have circled December 22 on my hifalutin, rootin'-tootin' social calendar--the date the new version of True Grit “opens at a theater near you.” I’m popping in the ear plugs and we’re going to see Jeff “Be Still Our Aging Hearts” Bridges taking over the John Wayne role as crusty Rooster Cogburn. Rumor has it among critics’ circles that JB may be nominated for another Academy Award with this portrayal, so I’m anxious to see it. There’s nothing like a good ol’ fashioned western with a herd of corny cornball lines to get my blood flowing. 


“Well, sister, the time has come for me to ride hard and fast” outta here. There’s a lotta chores to get done here on the ranch between now and sunset, and they ain't gonna get done on their own!  "Happy Trails To You" on this Happy Thursday.

2 comments:

Dusti said...

I have to watch it too - I'm also a fan of Jeff Bridges. Thought he was terrific in Crazy Heart. He sang that song about a brand new angel and I was in tears. :)

Jaime said...

Doing my "almost" monthly blog catch-up & just have to say, I definitely think you should write a column for the paper! It would be a hit! No specific topic required, just the interesting insight from Flaming Bore! ;)