Friday, February 4, 2011

HAVE A COOKIE

Well, Big Bore and I got through January without blowing our diets, and we each lost 10 pounds. I have 15 more to go, and we don’t even want to talk about what he has left because it’s mildly depressing. I have created my own diet, which I call "The No Diet." Anything that tastes good is a NO.

And speaking of cookies :) ….my diet really hasn’t been too hard to follow (outta sight, outta mind) until the Girl Scouts recently came calling with their cookie sales. I can never refuse a scout of any kind, so I’ve purchased five boxes so far. I will put them in the freezer until such time I’m allowed to celebrate upon reaching my weight loss goal--hopefully before the next millennium.

Whoever writes up the cookie sales sheet for the scouts needs to provide a better description for them. When my super great niece Maddie was selling over the telephone recently, I asked her, “What’s a Thanks-A-Lot Cookie?” after she read it from her list. It’s something new.

“Well, it’s flat and brown and it has some lines and letters on it,” she said.

“I mean what flavor is it?”

“I don’t know.”

And sure enough, she’s right. The little neighbor gal was over here yesterday with the sales sheet, and she had no clue what a “Thanks-A-Lot” is, either. From looking at picture on the sheet, my guess is it’s shortbread half dipped in chocolate. Whatever. I went ahead and ordered a box of something flat, brown, with “thanks” written on it in five languages.

I actually look upon my Girl Scout purchases as a weight loss incentive. The sooner I lose these damned pounds, the sooner I get to bust open a box of those fabulous cookies and chow down. So, here’s shouting out a big Gracias, Danke, Merci, Grazie, and Thanks to all my scouting friends for helping me stick to my diet!!
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am sucker for those cookies too. Frozen thin Mints= AMAZING!!

Good luck with your diet.I hate how guys lose it so fast without much effort. So not fair!