Friday, February 18, 2011

OUR CEILING GHOST


There is an old water stain on our bedroom ceiling that both Big Bore and I noticed one day has the appearance of a woman's face. She is a little Victorian lady with high cheek bones, deep-set eyes, and hair piled atop her head. See her? I've darkened this picture so maybe your imagination will have an easier time making out her features. She has a tiny button nose and frowning lips. Come on. Tell me we are not hallucinating. She is Mrs. Walter Moonlight, first lady of this home, and she watches over us every night. Seriously. I would have this stain repaired/removed except for the fact that I would miss her. Michaelangelo had his ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. We have our ceiling lady. This house has character--mainly, Mrs. Moonlight.

1 comment:

dr. maureen said...

it looks like large and small bowel to me....