Saturday, February 26, 2011

RAINING FLOWERS


While I was rummaging through old Midwest Living magazines earlier this week when visiting Big Sis, "Eureka! I have found a new crafty project for spring!"

This looks like something I can throw together in one sitting. No talent required and, oh, so chic to place on the front porch of Casa de la Flaming Bore when spring arrives.

When I got back home, I went straight to work. No sense going from store to store trying to find the perfect umbrella. I got on the Internet and found exactly what I wanted within a minute--a child's purple parasol with curly-q handle. Ordered, stat.

Next, I made a stop at Michael's while in Wichita yesterday, stalking through the aisles searching for ribbon and artificial flowers and greenery that didn't look too fakey--pink tulips, yellow daffodils, and some smaller pink and yellow wildflowers. As soon as the umbrella arrives by UPS in a few days, I'll be ready to go into an arranging frenzy.

This better be as easy as it looks!!! In the meantime, I'm starting on a new bowling ball project as soon as I get my morning chores done. A girl can never have too many bowling balls in her yard!

No comments: