Saturday, February 12, 2011

MAD ABOUT BIEBER

The latest MAD magazine cover features a cross between the mag's mascot Alfred E. Neuman and teen heartthrob Justin Bieber. This is what happens when the comic gene pool gets mixed up...and I love it!

I became a MAD fan many decades ago when Brother Beans brought them home during his rebellious teen years. Mama Bore didn't seem to care. At least we were reading...something. I enjoyed the sharp satire and the parodies on movies and TV shows. The writers had a great way of poking fun---but not maliciously.

Personally, I think the Biebermeister will be pleased with this cover. I've seen him on a number of TV shows, and he seems to have a good sense of humor about himself. Why should he care if MAD dogs his hair, book, movie, and music? He's a teen millionaire who is laughing all the way to the bank, joining Alfred E. in his mantra of, "What, me worry?"

If I wasn't so damned old, I'd become a Biebot, join his fan club, and start a scrapbook on him---just like I did when the Beatles were invading America. Making the cover of MAD is just another feather in his hairy little cap. You go, JB!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

LOL... This is a great cover!