Saturday, February 5, 2011

TRIPPING OUT

The other night Big Bore tried to locate Mount Rushmore on Google Earth, so I was compelled to drag out this old picture of Big Sis, Beans, and me (circa 1952) with those four famous faces. Who looks more stoned--the presidents or the goobers in front? It's a toss-up.

This was the one and only family trip we ever took, and I have absolutely no recollection of it. I think Beans would probably like to forget he ever wore red socks and black tennis shoes…and, no, he is not otherwise stark naked in this picture. It just looks that way. As usual, Big Sis has the pained expression of one who wishes she didn’t have two younger siblings hanging around.

This second picture is on the same family excursion up at Glacier National Park. I’m not sure what the deal is with me showing off my underpants--maybe I’m trying to explain that cool red socks run in the family--who knows. I always did have a knack for ruining family photos. That’s Mama Bore in the stylish sun dress and wacky hair-do.

Big Bore and I are in the talking stages right now of taking a late summer trip to Glacier, and believe me, if we are lucky enough to get to go, I will NOT be packing short dresses and red socks!

No comments: