Sunday, February 20, 2011

TELLING IT LIKE IT ISN'T


Since I'm a diehard KU basketball fan, for better or for worse, I keep up with the news releases and comments on kusports.com. A variety of intellects respond to this site, but one of the most opinionated and funny is "jaybate," who recently outdid himself with this sarcastic remark to a story about two KU players who made the Big 12 All-Academic Team. Here's a portion of his response to these superior student athletes:

"....How lame are these guys for getting high GPAs, graduating, and being in grad school? I resent how inferior I am to these guys. Cut me some slack. I have to complain about something because my wife uses me for an emotional tampon and doesn't give me any. My father never thought I was as good as my brother. My boss uses me for scutt work. The adult video store has cut off my credit. My car has been repossessed--twice, and I haven't had steak in two months...."

And you thought YOU were having a bad day.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

he is pretty funny. i think it is an underhanded compliment to Brady and Tyrel.
however, some of the guys on that site are SO negative....i'd like to revoke their Allen FieldHouse passes...

Nancy Evans said...

Yeah, I can appreciate this as a compliment, too. It cracks me up how some of the contributors are such armchair coaches who probably never played a minute of the game in their lives. ---Hey, I hate to say it but look for Duke to be in the #1 spot tomorrow if they beat Georgia Tech tonight. It's been a strange week.