Saturday, September 17, 2011

GETTING HUSKERY

My childhood pal Literary Diva (see March 24, 2008 blog) recently made a move halfway across the country from Reno, Nevada to Lincoln, Nebraska. Leaving Lake Tahoe Land for Huskers Country has been topographically shocking, but she's hanging in there. This afternoon a gift arrived from her, just in time for the kick-off of Nebraska's football game against the Washington Huskies. So, of course, I had to try it on immediately, especially since she said the shirt screamed my name when she saw it on display.

And she's right. There are scads of genuine artificial diamond studs scattered all around the front--definitely my style--and it has a little hoodie in back. I don't know what the material is, but it's lightweight and not at all itchy. I think I look stunning! Or maybe stunned. Either one will do.

I will forgive Diva for trying to convert me into being a University of Nebraska fan. I'm just playing make-believe for the rest of day. And since Kansas lost big time to Georgia Tech earlier this afternoon, I'm making it known right now: Go Huskers!!!!

No comments: