Saturday, April 14, 2012

BOOK BUDDY

This has been National Library Week, so I spent yesterday afternoon at our local library pretending to be my favorite fictional heroine, Anna Pigeon!! Anna is the star of Nevada Barr's national park series. A ranger in danger, she bops from park to park and ALWAYS ends up half dead. She gets chased by bears, fireballs, rock slides, felons, you name it. Anna is in the middle of the mayhem. Knock twenty years off my age, and this is exactly what she would look like.

Thanks to Big Bore for helping me with my costume design. The only suggestion I nixed was ripping up my slacks and then rolling around in the dirt. Even The Flaming Bore has her limitations.

2 comments:

dr. maureen said...

also, Anna carries a gun

Nancy Evans said...

Well, I don't have a license to carry "heat," so I guess that didn't cross my mind. Anna is such a stud.