Friday, April 27, 2012

GARDEN SURPRISES


When I checked on the downtown garden yesterday, a pretty bloom caught my attention.  I thought this new columbine would be light purple like the mother plant next to it, but it turned out much darker. Isn't it beautiful?

The neighbor kids and I yanked weeds from their circle garden a few nights ago, and Sweet Neighbor Girl asked how she could get some flowers in the newly-cleared space.  I went to my seed drawer and she picked out zinnias. She got them planted, 1/4" deep, and will water them (I hope) while waiting about 10 days for germination. Trouble #1, who is hellbent on digging holes, was told to LEAVE THE SEED AREA ALONE!!!  He ended up excavating a place nearby, so I suppose we'll go to the greenhouse this weekend and find something hardy to plop in that spot.  No sense wasting a good hole.  

Don't forget:  May Basket Day is next Tuesday!!!  : )

No comments: