Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MORNING SPRING ROUTINE

Each morning after I've halfway dressed and stretched and slurped down some hot tea, I go outside to make my gardening rounds and see what's happy in the yard. Yesterday, the golden iris and raspberry dianthus had the biggest smile. Big Bore and I are making guesses as to when the first peony will be in full bloom. They look to be two to three weeks ahead of schedule, so I'm thinking April 23.

The neighbor kids have added a Smurf figurine to BB's garden. They gave us a gently used Farmer Smurf for Christmas, and last weekend they gave us another garage sale gem...Grouchy Smurf...as in "Guess who's gonna be grouchy if we run across his veggie patch?"

The morning routine will be broken tomorrow since I have to go to Yates Center for the third and final round of the root canal and capping. That also means a third trip to Arnold's Greenhouse nearby. The trailing pink vinca should be ready for purchase and placement between the dianthus. And BB hopes the cantaloupe plants will be ready, as well.

The local greenhouse has its flat sale of impatiens and vinca on May 5th and that will be the last of the additions to the garden for Spring 2012. I promise. Unless something too dazzling to pass up comes along.

No comments: