Sunday, April 1, 2012

KNOCKOUT PUNCH

Call it insanity. Super divine intervention. I don't know how KU's guys did it last night, but somehow they overcame a 13-point deficit, won their game against Ohio State, and will be playing for the championship title tomorrow.

And it all doesn't come a minute too soon. At the beginning of March Madness, I decided not to wash my good luck ensemble until KU lost OR won the whole enchilada. This means that a certain pair of red sweatpants, a long-sleeved blue 2008 national championship shirt, and some striped socks have been collecting sweat, and lots of it, for five games now. I always pedal my exercise bike during time outs and halftimes, which adds to my sweat volume. To say that the clothing reeks is putting it mildly.

So win, lose, or draw--after tomorrow night the good luck garb gets tossed in the washing machine. I'm thinking that a clean 2012 national championship shirt would sure be a nice addition to the wardrobe.

1 comment:

dr. maureen said...

no wonder Jeff went fishing!!

keep on stinkin' it up----you and the team---and win!!!