Saturday, April 7, 2012

TAKING THE DAY OFF

"Gee, this will be the first Saturday without college hoops since last December," I moaned to Big Bore this morning. "What am I going to do with myself?" He wasn't too broken up about the prospect of a basketball-free day on television, no surprise there.

It's raining, so there goes any plans to piddle in the yard; on to Plan C. This is a GREAT day for reading!!! Time to hop on the exercise bike and take a book along for the ride. Library Lady has checked out so many to me recently that I could pedal non-stop all weekend and still have plenty to read: one drama, two mysteries, one western, and one biography on Teddy Roosevelt cruising up the Amazon River.

The classic rock channel is playing on the TV. As soon as the morning paper and puzzles are finished, I'm going to saddle up on the bike, grab a book, and take off on a literary journey. Anything but housework!

P.S. Tulips compliments of the downtown garden and the Garden Club fairies.

2 comments:

Kayle said...

Baseball season started -- it's another "B" sport!!

Nancy Evans said...

Well, I used to be a HUGE Royals fan when Dr. Maureen lived in Kansas City--we even had World Series tickets, but it's gotten too expensive to go to games and they are actually kind of boring watching on TV. I only like college hoops....don't watch the pros. Back to my book. :)