Friday, April 20, 2012

SORRY EXCUSE FOR MUSIC

"Did my ears just ears what I thought they heard?" I said while watching the "drama" of eviction night on "American Idol" yesterday. To stretch out the show to an hour, several music groups are typically featured. On the line-up were a former Idol winner Chris Allen and later some rappy-type group I'd never heard of called LMFAO. Am I really so stupid as to believe these initials stand for Love My Friends and Others, as the group proports?

Well, anyway, LMFAO performed a song called "Sorry for Party Rocking," or something like that, and without getting into the gory details, it's all about how much fun it is getting trashed with alcohol and fornicating. It's 7-8 PM on Fox Network, for gosh sakes. Little kids are watching. Old ladies are watching. Give me a break! (And if you think I'm exaggerating...again...look up the lyrics yourself.)

I emailed Fox about my outrage, even though the network censor person eventually woke up and started cutting out the profanity--as if the Fox execs didn't know the shag-nasty lyrics beforehand. Sure.

If my ears and eyes ever again cross the path of LMFAO, I'm going to spare myself the agony and TMFTO. That's short for Turn My F-ing Television Off.

No comments: