Tuesday, May 8, 2012

COLOR ME CURIOUS

"Ding-Dong."

Trouble #1 is at the door.

"Hey, what's going on?" I ask.

"Nancy, may I borrow your markers?"

"What do you say?"

"Please."

"Okay, come on in.  You know where they are."

He goes into the computer/exercise/book room and takes the box of markers off the desk top.

"What are you coloring?" I ask.

"Well, it's sort of like a tablecloth.  Bye."

A table cloth?  Usually it's dinosaurs or super hero coloring pages.

"What do you say?" I ask as he walks on past me and out the door.

"Thank-you."

"See you later, alligator."

"After while, crocodile," he says as he toodles on down the steps.

I can only hope that the "tablecloth" that got all marked up was just some artsy-craftsy placemat set to give to his mom on Mother's Day and wasn't some fine Irish linen from the family heirloom department.  I don't even want to know.

No comments: