Friday, May 11, 2012

READ THE $@%! SIGNS

On most Fridays Big Bore and I make our rounds taking trash to the local recycle center and garden clippings to the designated dump.  And on most Fridays I go ballistic because people either can't read, or are too lazy to read, or just think they are above and beyond the rules.

The recycle bins are clearly marked as to what goes where...in LARGE print. What don't some people understand? Cans do not go in the bin that's designated for clear plastic, folks. Neither do dog food sacks. Clear bottles don't belong in the colored bottle container. And boxes....see the signs that say "Please break down boxes"???  Do it, already, and quit just tossing them in their boxy form.  Yes, it does take a few of your precious extra seconds.  Are you so important that you can't do as requested? 

Then it's on to the dumping grounds for grass and tree limbs disposal. Signs specifically state NOT to dump trash along with your yard refuse.  But oh, no, some dimwits just push out all their paper and plastic with their lawn clippings.  Let someone else deal with the mess.

These disrespectful rule breakers totally hack me off, and if I ever catch one of them in action you can bet that I will kindly advise the Neanderthal to READ THE SIGNS while I silently add STUPID to my request. 

There, I said it.  I feel ever so much better.  


No comments: