Wednesday, May 2, 2012

OVER DONE

Opening up AOL this morning, what pops up but this scary picture!  Yikes!  This is what a 40-year-old fake baker addict looks like!  She was arrested for allegedly endangering her five-year-old daughter by taking her to a tanning salon.  This roasted piece of shoe leather is beyond help, but hopefully her child can remain a paleface until she's old enough to make an informed decision.  

When I was a nubile teenager, I had the misconception that I needed to have the bronze look that only Coppertone could give.  Except the tanning cream didn't work for my pale skin, so I joined the bandwagon with my girlfriends and rubbed in liquid Crisco.  What were we thinking?  That looking like Southern fried chicken would be appealing? 

Fortunately, that fad didn't last long--but I've ended up with freckles and speckles that I'd just as soon not have in my old age, all because I worshiped the sun without protection.  Come to think of it, I doubt we even HAD sunscreen products back when I was a teen. --Nor, thankfully, did we have tanning salons.

4 comments:

dr. maureen said...

she looks like my leather couch!

Nancy Evans said...

JEFF DIDN'T KNOW I BLOGGED ABOUT THIS, AND A WHILE AGO HE SAID, "Come in here and look at this woman on TV" ...and it was Leather Mom.

Library Lady said...

What does Dr. Maureen say about this from a medical standpoint?

Sarah said...

OMG I saw this and wanted to strangle her!